Thursday, August 16, 2012

ALANIS Morissette debuts 'Havoc', reveals US tour dates, and more



NEWS -CINEMA-MUSIC-CELEBRITY-WORLD

via glooce


If you (like me!) were coming of age in the '90s, just as important as your Z.Cavs, Wigwam socks, and baby tees was your Alanis Morissette Jagged Little Pill CD. From You Can’t Do That on Television through to her 17-year music career, complete with Grammys, a Golden Globe nom, and Juno awards galore, Alanis rocks. In the four years since her last album, she's gotten married, given birth to her son, and written and recorded her latest album Havoc and Bright Lights, out August 28. And today, I have the pleasure of bringing you her brand-new song “Havoc,” which shows off a softer side of Alanis. Introspective, thoughtful, and unwavering, she says “'Havoc' refers to the challenges and consequences of taking responsibility and recovering from different addictions.” Listen here while you read on about all her latest obsessions!




My current obsessions are: Hope Gillerman essential oils. Rag and Bone jeans. Grenache red wine.
The movie I know every word to is: Grease
The album I listen to non-stop is: Eric Hutchinson and Gotye
The first concert I ever went to was: Jane Siberry when I was 10 years old
The book I am obsessed with is: Diamond in Your Pocket by Gangaji
My most perfect meal is: Quinoa, Kale, Beans, Garlic Tahini, Sprouts. With hot sauce on the side.
My most perfect cocktail is: A dirty martini, light on the dirty. Or any martini at the Duke hotel in London
The website I am obsessed with is: innerbonding.com and hsperson.com
The vacation spots I am obsessed with are: Fiji, Maldives, Big Sur
The items in my closet I am obsessed with are: My collection of purses--latest, the Louis Vuitton collaboration with Sophia Coppolla, my Sergio Rossi, Valentino and Dior heels
The TV show I’m obsessed with is: Breaking Bad
My favorite person to follow on Twitter is: [my husband] Souleye
The next time I have time to myself, I am going to: Putter my face off... and arrange all my perfumes, burn incense, sit in the hot tub, and pray
My craziest tour moment was: While singing for the Pope at an end-world-debt event, I was busting my bandmate's chops for singing in an opera voice while we were both using side-by-side porta potties, only to walk out and see that it was Andrea Bocelli (!!!)
My current girl crush is: Charlotte Gainsbourg
The first celeb I was ever obsessed with was: Ralph Macchio
My hidden talent is: Interior design, hair cutting, jewelry designing, manicure giving, make-up application, an informal but well-educated therapist!
My favorite memory from You Can't Do That On Television: Vanessa Lindores forgiving me for commenting on her blouse, which was so inconsiderate on my part. She was always so kind to me and my overly-precocious over-steppings.

Don’t miss Alanis performing live on her North American tour this Fall to promote the release of her brand new album “Havoc and Bright Lights” (out Aug 28). Tickets go on sale on August 17th – check back here or at Facebook.com/alanismorissette for show details as well as pre-sale and ticket information!
8/25/12 Montclair, NJ – Wellmont Theatre
8/26/12 Huntington, NJ – The Paramount
8/29/12 Atlantic City, NJ – House of Blues
9/24/12 San Diego, CA – Humphrey’s
9/26/12 Pomona, CA – Fox Theater
9/29/12 Las Vegas, NV – Desert Breeze Park Main Stage – ‘KMBX Bite of Las Vegas’
10/2/12 Big Sur, CA – Henry Miller Library
10/4/12 Vancouver, BC – Center for Performing Arts
10/5/12 Seattle, WA – Moore Theater
10/7/12 Portland, OR – Crystal Ballroom
10/8/12 Boise, ID – Knitting Factory
10/10/12 Denver, CO – Paramount
10/12/12 Minneapolis, MN – State Theater
10/13/12 Chicago, IL Riviera Theater
10/15/12 Toronto, ON Sound Academy
10/16/12 Montreal, QC Metropolis
10/17/12 Boston, MA House of Blues
10/19/12 Waterbury, CT Palace Theater
10/22/12 New York, NY Terminal 5
10/23/12 Silver Spring, MD The Fillmore
10/25/12 Atlanta, GA The Tabernacle
10/26/12 Nashville, TN Ryman Auditorium
10/28/12 Houston, TX – Bayou Music Center – ‘The Mix 96.5 Bosom Ball’ radio show
10/30/12 Austin, TX Stubb’s Waller Creek Amphitheater
11/1/12 Phoenix, AZ Comerica

source + source

    No comments:

    Post a Comment